Laketown Events Volunteer Application Form
Volunteering with us is a great opportunity to meet new people, to be part of a terrific team, to work in a fun, exciting environment AND to enjoy fantastic events! Our volunteers are an essential and valued part of our team and help to create successful events year after year.
We are excited to be producing multiple events this year. Together we create a welcoming, safe and comfortable place for music lovers of all ages to enjoy the artists and their music. Join us!
What do I get in exchange for volunteering?
Well, besides having a rockin’ good time…with your commitment to volunteer you qualify for:
- a single General Admission wristband for the weekend (value $249)
- a small footprint camping site in a designated volunteer camping area (value $145)
- early entry – get settled and enjoy the pre-event bustle before the rush (value $100)
- a meal & refreshments while on duty (value $30)
- volunteer t-shirt(s), quantity varies based on team/shift (value $30)
- all the good feels that go along with being part of a fun and fantastic team! (Priceless!)
What are we looking for in the way of qualifications/commitments?
- Fun, friendly, helpful, patient and respectful of our guests, performers and event team members
- Over 19 years of age. You will be asked to present photo ID
- In good health – most roles involve standing for extended periods, crowds and lots of walking. If you have health challenges we may still have a role for you – just make a note on your application and we’ll do our best to find a fit!
- Some positions require certificates i.e., Serving It Right – you will be asked to carry your certificates with you at all times while you are onsite.
- If you are new to the team you will be required to put down a deposit of $150 that we will return to you once your shifts are completed. Deposit requirement will be waived for all returning volunteers in good standing. We want to support the volunteers that show up by ensuring everyone we include on the team is truly committed.
How many hours do I volunteer?
Standard commitment is between 20-24 hours over the festival weekend. Start times vary and shifts are based on team needs. You will also be required to attend an Orientation in advance of the event.
What do I need to do before I apply?
PLEASE, ensure you:
- Have approved time off from your employer before you apply. It is difficult to cover last minute cancellations and you not showing up leaves other team members to pick up your slack when they should be off having some well-deserved fun!
- Make arrangements for the care of your children while you are on duty.
- Make arrangements for the care of your pets while you are on duty.
What will I be doing if I am accepted as a volunteer this year?
Finding a right fit for you is important to us. You’ll be able to tell us a bit about you and what you are interested in doing while volunteering when you fill out your application form.
When will I hear back from you if I have been accepted?
You will get a “Thanks for applying.” email right away so you know that we have received your application. We will let you know if we can offer you a spot on the team as soon as possible.
We expect to have many volunteers returning from past years so don’t delay in applying! We don’t want to miss the opportunity to work with you – it’s going to be a fantastic year.
Ready to apply?
for our application form.
The Laketown Events Team